Yes I am! In honor of Black Girls Rock, today’s roundup features awesome happenings in girls and women of color. For those out there that question BGR or believe that it’s racist in anyway, I say this “Would you rather have young women of color being a detriment to society and themselves or making a contribution and making this world a better place not just for people of color but for everyone”. When we do something to uplift a community, we are uplifting society as a whole. Remember that!
- Putting color in kids literature via #1000blackgirlbooks.
- Creating eco-friendly fashion accessories via Maya’s Ideas.
- Preteen Egypt Ufele combating bullying with creativity and a sewing machine.
- Combating obesity in the black community and society at large via BGR (this black is still working on this).
- Giving naturalistas like myself a creative platform via Curly Nikki.
- Read about The NOVO Foundation pledging to support for women and girls of color over on Huffington Post.
- On White House.gov read about the challenges facing women and girls of color and help make a difference!
Stay positive and stay classy!